Who Is This Bitch & Is She Serious?
Sister Dharma Gettin’ is one of countless Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. The Sisters are a worldwide network of 21st Century, Queer Nuns encompassing all genders, identities, and variations of sexual experience and expression. Each Sister has devoted their life to their communities and to fighting for those on the edges of society.
To visit The Sisters’ official website, click here!
Sister Dharma lives her life under a set of vows which he took during her ordination process and which every Fully Professed Member (FPM) takes, as well.
(1) Promulgate Universal Joy
(2) Expiate Stigmatic Guilt
(3) Serve, Stand Up & Fight for the community, especially those on the fringes
She fulfills his vows in myriad different ways including,
- producing popular, well-attended parties, community events, & fundraisers;
- producing & facilitating health education & resource events & publications;
- personalized, one-on-one, and/or group ministerial counseling;
- organizing & participating in progressive social activism, civil disobedience, demonstrations, marches, & campaigns;
- performance art creation, exhibition, & promotion;
- public speaking tours & awareness building at schools & other organizations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and the State of California;
- various other forms of service throughout the community & online, such as hospice visits, emcee’ing parties, and fundraisers, and producing and distributing harm reduction, sex education, social activism, and other educational and entertaining publications, in both online and print mediums.
Sister Dharma is also a Certified PIMP (Minister) through the Perpetual Indulgence Ministry Program (PIMP), —which he cofounded in 2013 with, among others, veteran Sister Hellen Wheels— and, therefore, is legally qualified to perform special ceremonies, including marriages, baptisms, memorials, etc.
Ever wanted a non-Christian baptism? A baptism into the “Church of Cake Farts”, perhaps? Not limited by orthodoxy or rigid tradition, Sister Dharma has the freedom to explore new perspectives around the format of such ceremonies and works closely with those requesting his services to tailor each ceremony to their specific desires or fantasies. Each ceremony is as unique and special as it’s participants and each is worthy of a lifetime of warm-hearted and gooey memories! She can also refer you to other PIMPs, ensuring you find the perfect minister for your inclinations.
Sister Dharma created Diary of a Madd Drag Nun in the hopes of enhancing his ability to live out its vows by reaching much more people through the internet than they’d be able to reach-around otherwise. He hopes this blog will become a clearinghouse for information concerning those interested in LGBTQI issues, Progressive Politics, Social Activism, Civil Disobedience, Spiritual Enlightenment, Universal Family-Hood, Environmental Sustainability, Current Events, Buddhist Meditation, Mindfulness, as well as Irreverent, Lighthearted Humor.
He lives in San Francisco, California with themselves.
(Hey, I may have schizophrenia, but at least I have each other!)